Early works program
We’re starting to build the missing link in Melbourne’s freeway network.
This year, builders will be moving power, water, gas, sewer and telecommunications lines so major construction can start from 2021.
Around 100 above and below ground services will be moved out of the way of North East Link.
What we'll be doing
The early works program will be delivered by CPB Contractors. They’ll be working hard to minimise disruptions and speaking with the local community, businesses and residents about works in their area each step of the way.
To receive e-notifications before works start near you, sign up here
Early works will take place across the north-east of the project area starting from the M80 Ring Road and Greensborough Bypass through to Greensborough Road and Lower Plenty Road intersection.
Early works will take place across the south of the project area starting from Bulleen Road and along the Eastern Freeway from Chandler Highway to Middleborough Road.
- Early works overview PDF, 3.3 MB
- Early works in Melbourne’s north PDF, 2.8 MB
- Service relocations in Borlase Reserve area, Yallambie PDF, 2.0 MB
- Moving the water pressure reducing station, Coleen Street Reserve, Yallambie PDF, 1.1 MB
- Managing construction impacts PDF, 66.1 KB
- Gas main night works on Greensborough Road (updated August 2020) PDF, 3.1 MB
- Transmission tower relocation, Watsonia PDF, 2.9 MB
- Water main works under the Eastern Freeway PDF, 2.2 MB
- Water main works under the Eastern Freeway - Simplified Chinese PDF, 2.6 MB
- Water main works under the Eastern Freeway - Greek PDF, 2.4 MB
- Yarra East Main Sewer (YEMS) - Sewer works on Bulleen Road PDF, 1.7 MB
- Boroondara Tennis Centre, Bulleen PDF, 1.6 MB
- Freeway Golf Course, Bulleen PDF, 2.1 MB
- Carey Bulleen Sports Complex PDF, 4.3 MB