Works continue this spring
Published: 19 August 2020
As part of Victoria’s Big Build, works continue this spring to remove some of Melbourne’s most dangerous and congested level crossings. We’ll also continue to build the Metro Tunnel, upgrade the Sunbury Line and widen the West Gate Freeway.
Major works taking place between September and November 2020 include:
- Removing level crossings on the Upfield, Frankston and Cranbourne lines
- Duplicating eight kilometres and track on the Cranbourne Line
- Building three brand new stations on the Upfield and Cranbourne lines
- Crews working on the North East Link will relocate a 2.5-kilometre gas main with night works taking place along Greensborough Road
- Continued tunnel-boring to connect the Metro Tunnel’s new underground stations
- Upgrading the Sunbury Line with track, power and station platform upgrades to enable more modern trains to run on the line
- Helping to make it safer and easier to travel around Melbourne by building the new Mordialloc Freeway, upgrading the Monash Freeway, and widening the West Gate Freeway.
In addition, other critical maintenance works will be taking place across the road and public transport networks.
For a full list of spring disruptions, visit Victoria’s Big Build