Changes today, better transport tomorrow - works this winter
Published: 26 May 2021
We're continuing to relocate gas, water and sewer pipes and drains at Greensborough and Bulleen roads for North East Link. As part of Victoria's Big Build, works are also continuing on the state's biggest road and public transport projects this winter. While we build a better network, be sure to plan ahead and allow extra time.
Other major works include:
- Williamstown, Werribee, Ballarat, Geelong, Lilydale and Frankston lines: Works continue to remove more than 20 dangerous and congested level crossings, with the South Gippsland Highway level crossing gone for good this winter.
- Sunbury Line: Upgrading the track, power and platforms to prepare for more modern trains to run on the line.
- Geelong, Warrnambool, Bendigo, Echuca and Swan Hill lines: Continuing work to upgrade the regional train network.
- Monash and Princes Freeways: Adding 36km of extra lanes to make it safer and easier to travel around Melbourne.
- M80 Ring Road and Hume Freeway: Adding new lanes and building new on and off ramps.
- West Gate Freeway: Expanding the freeway from 8 to 12 lanes.
Other critical maintenance works will also take place across the road and public transport networks.
For a detailed list of disruptions and to find out how changes today are building better transport for tomorrow, visit Victoria’s Big Build.