Major construction works for North East Link are expected to start early in 2021 with the road opening to traffic in 2027.
This year, around 100 above and below ground services including power, water, gas, sewer and telecommunications lines will be moved out of the way of North East Link.
- Community consultation starts
- Site investigations start
- Project corridor selected
- Business case released
- Environment Effects Statement (EES) prepared
- EES exhibited for public comment
- Early works builder announced
- Shortlist of project design teams released
- Planning approvals received
- Construction starts – moving key power, water, gas and other services out of the way
- Successful project design team and design proposal to be announced – late 2020
- Major construction works start
- North East Link opens to traffic