About Victoria’s Big Build
Victoria is currently in a transport construction boom with 119 major road and rail projects being delivered. It’s not just about current works, with significant planning also underway for a number of projects that are set to transform the way Victorians travel. Highlights of Victoria’s Big Build include:
- A second underground railway, the Metro Tunnel
- Victoria’s biggest ever commitment to remove level crossings
- $1.75 billion Regional Rail Revival package
- A second major road connection from the west, the West Gate Tunnel
- Victoria’s biggest road tunnel, the North East Link
- Major upgrades to some of our busiest freeways including the M80, CityLink, Tullamarine and Monash
- Upgrades to priority roads in Melbourne’s outer west, north and south-eastern suburbs
- Connecting Melbourne Airport to all metropolitan and regional rail lines
- New electrified lines in the west and faster, high-capacity rail for our regional cities.
Visit the Big Build website to see all the projects across Victoria.