North East Link Business Case Announcement
North East Link will be Victoria's largest road project - fixing the missing link in Melbourne's freeway network.
The business case for the project test the merits of the investment based on a broader assessment of Melbourne's transport needs, changing travel patterns and the evolving structure of the city.
It identifies the problems facing the city's transport network and the benefits of addressing these problems, with a focus on cross-city orbital connectivity and capacity constraints.
- Executive summary PDF, 5.6 MB
- Section 1: Melbourne's orbital mobility challenge (chapters 1-4) PDF, 6.5 MB
- Section 2: Options (chapter 5) PDF, 878.4 KB
- Section 3: The North East Link (chapters 6-10) PDF, 6.5 MB
- Section 4: Taking action (chapters 11-14) PDF, 2.1 MB
- Appendix A: Investment logic map and benefit management plan PDF, 884.4 KB
- Appendix B: Legislation and policy context PDF, 964.9 KB
- Appendix C: Transport assessment - existing conditions report and future no project scenario PDF, 24.0 MB
- Appendix D: Options assessment PDF, 3.6 MB
- Appendix E: Community engagement report PDF, 1.7 MB
- Appendix F: Value creation and capture plan PDF, 3.0 MB
- Appendix G: Preliminary environmental assessment report PDF, 934.9 KB
- Appendix H: Preliminary social and business report PDF, 808.1 KB
- Appendix I: Complementary projects PDF, 2.1 MB
- Appendix J: Concept summary PDF, 4.6 MB
- Appendix K: Transport assessment - project case report PDF, 9.1 MB
- Appendix Q1: Economic appraisal PDF, 7.2 MB
- Appendix Q2: Assessment of potential land use impacts PDF, 5.4 MB
- Appendix R: Traffic modelling report PDF, 23.1 MB
- Appendix S: Procurement analysis PDF, 2.0 MB
- Appendix U: Stakeholder and communications engagement plan PDF, 1.1 MB
- Appendix V: Approvals pathway report PDF, 807.6 KB
If you would like these documents in an accessible format, please contact us at email@example.com
Due to commercial sensitivity, some content within the business case has been partially or fully redacted.