About the project
Design work is underway for North East Link – the single biggest transport infrastructure investment in Victoria’s history.
North East Link will finally build the missing link in Melbourne’s freeway network while increasing the capacity of the Eastern Freeway.
It will slash travel times, get trucks off local roads and link key growth areas in the north and south-east.
North East Link will deliver three major projects in one:
- North East Link: Completing the ring road between the Eastern Freeway and the M80 Ring Road, connecting the growing northern and south-eastern suburbs
- Eastern Freeway upgrades: Overhauling the Eastern Freeway with new lanes and new technology for up to 40% faster trips
- Doncaster Busway: Launching a new Doncaster Busway with dedicated express bus lanes along the Eastern Freeway from Doncaster towards the city
Design update - April 2018
Throughout 2018 we’ll be designing North East Link and working on the specialist studies required for planning approvals. In April we released an update on the project design work so far.
This update isn’t a final design and we’re interested to hear your feedback.
- Come and see project maps, learn more about our planning studies, talk to our specialists and give us feedback at drop-in displays. They’re on from Saturday 21 April – Tuesday 1 March. Visit our events page for dates, times and locations
- Explore the latest design information in this section of our website
- Ask us a question, or give feedback online on at jointheconversation.northeastlink.vic.gov.au
- Talk to your Community Liaison Group representative
- Come along to a community workshop. To receive an email when registrations open, sign up to receive our e-newsletter.
There will be a second design update later this year, including how community feedback has informed changes.