Geotechnical investigations (day works) are happening as part of the planning process for North East Link. We are currently also constructing a temporary community hub at Kim Close in Bulleen (day works).
What we are doing
Geotechnical investigation involves:
- Drilling holes 15 – 60 meters deep and 15 centimeters in diameter to gain a better understanding of the local soil and rock profiles and groundwater conditions
- Standard working hours between 7am to 5:30pm (day time) and 8pm to 4:30am (night time)
- Restoring sites upon completion of works
Current locations for geotechnical investigations
- Three drilling rigs at Borlase Reserve, Yallambie (day time) starting Monday 1st April
- River Gum Walk (day time) starting Monday 8th April
For nearby residents
Geotechnical investigations and service proving works are arranged to cause minimal disruption to people nearby. Before work starts, we'll visit homes near investigation sites with information about where and when work will be happening.
For information about investigations near you please call 1800 105 105