Our Vision is to lead by example through setting, maintaining and delivering high standards of environmental performance and management across all phases of delivery of the North East Link Project demonstrating our commitment to continuous improvement.
To achieve this Vision the North East Link Project, will work with our project partners to:
- Adopt leading practices in environmental management for our activities across all offices and work sites;
- Foster a culture where we are all responsible for protecting the environment and improving our environmental performance;
- Establish and implement a robust environmental management system to ensure we meet and strive to exceed our environmental compliance requirements, including all applicable environmental legislation, regulations, objectives and targets;
- Ensure staff, contractors and suppliers have the appropriate skills and knowledge to meet environmental challenges;
- Measure, monitor and report on our environmental performance; and
- Continually seek opportunities to reduce our environmental footprint, improve environmental outcomes and create lasting benefits.
To give effect to this Policy, our people will:
- Take responsibility for reducing and managing our environmental impacts and risks;
- Listen, learn and share knowledge across our working teams, with our stakeholders and industry peers;
- Effectively implement and monitor compliance with environmental management plans to achieve our environmental requirements, objectives and targets; and
- Publicly report our environmental performance.