How to make a submission

Download transcript: Video-transcript-How-to-make-a-submission-on-the-EES.docx How to make a submission on the Environment Effects Statement

The EES process gives you the opportunity to have your views considered in planning approvals decisions for the North East Link Project.

You can get involved by making a submission to an independent committee which will be appointed to review the EES and public submissions.

Before making a submission, read the EES online.

Making a submission

Submissions must be made in writing to Planning Panels Victoria by 5pm Friday 7 June 2019.

Online submissions are preferred and can be made on the Engage Victoria website.

Submissions must be made to Planning Panels Victoria (PPV). The North East Link Project cannot accept submissions.

All submissions must:

  • State the name and address of the person making the submission. If the submission is made by two or more people, it must state the name and address of the contact person who will represent the group in any formal public hearing.
  • Relate to the information and topics covered in the North East Link Project EES, Planning Scheme Amendment or Works Approval Application.
  • Be submitted in writing to Planning Panels Victoria by 5pm Friday 7th June 2019.

All submissions are treated as public documents and will be posted on the DELWP website.

Hard copy submissions

If you’re unable to make an online submission, hard copy submissions must be accompanied by a coversheet, available by contacting Planning Panels Victoria on 1300 366 356. Each written submission must have a separate cover sheet.

Request to be heard

If you would like to have an opportunity to speak at the panel hearing, you must make this request when you lodge your submission online or by attaching a ‘Request to be Heard’ form to a hard copy submission.

Questions about the EES process

Questions relating to the EES process should be directed to the Impact Assessment Unit at the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning at or by calling (03) 8392 5503.

Questions about the EPA Works Approval application process should be directed to the EPA by calling 1300 372 842 or emailing

For questions about the Inquiry and Advisory Committee process (including questions about submissions), please contact Planning Panels Victoria at 136 186 or