Key steps in the PER process
- January 2018: North East Link submitted a referral to the Commonwealth Department of Environment and Energy (DoEE). The referral sought a decision from the Commonwealth as to whether North East Link requires assessment under the EPBC Act.
- April 2018: A delegate for the Minister for the Environment and Energy decided that construction of North East Link is a controlled action under the EPBC Act and advised that a Public Environment Report (PER) would need to be prepared.
- 16 April 2019: Draft PER on display for public comment for 30 business days.
- 30 May 2019: Submissions on the draft PER close at 5 pm.
- Mid 2019: North East Link Project reviews all submissions, finalises the PER and submits it to the Minister for the Environment. The final PER will include a summary of how we have addressed submissions.
- Mid-late 2019: Final PER published publicly.
- Late 2019: DoEE makes recommendations to Minister for the Environment.
- Late 2019: Minister's decision on PER.
For more information about the EPBC Act:
- Visit the Department of Environment and Energy website
- Download the Australian Government's EPBC Act fact sheet
North East Link EPBC Act referral documents
North East Link's EPBC Act referral and the DoEE's response can be found on the DoEE website at http://epbcnotices.environment.gov.au/publicnoticesreferrals/
The referral number is 2018/8142