About the project
Design work is underway for North East Link – Victoria's largest road project.
Finally connecting Melbourne's freeway network, North East Link will connect an upgraded Eastern Freeway to the M80 Ring Road.
North East Link will deliver three major projects in one:
- North East Link: Completing the ring road between the Eastern Freeway and the M80 Ring Road, connecting the growing northern and south-eastern suburbs
- Eastern Freeway upgrades: Overhauling the Eastern Freeway with new lanes and new technology for up to 40% faster trips
- Doncaster Busway: Launching a new Doncaster Busway with dedicated express bus lanes along the Eastern Freeway from Doncaster towards the city
Visit Project Milestones for more information about how we're delivering North East Link.
Project map - September 2018
Artist impression book
Planning studies - September 2018
Planning approvals for North East Link will be informed by an Environment Effects Statement (EES) – our state’s most stringent and transparent planning process.
Read more about our EES studies so far:
- EES study update - Community PDF, 1.4 MB
- EES study update - Construction PDF, 1.5 MB
- EES study update - Environment PDF, 1.8 MB
- EES study update - Noise and Air Quality PDF, 1.2 MB
Learn more about the EES studies.