As part of our early work, we've defined what North East Link should achieve.
This helped us to compare how different options might perform against a range of criteria and to select the solution that will deliver the best outcomes for the north-east, Melbourne and Victoria.
Objectives tell us what any option for North East Link needs to achieve.
Our objectives include:
- Improve connections and access for residents
- Improve connections and access for business
- Improve freight efficiency and industrial growth
- Improve safety and reduce local congestion for communities
Principles guide how we will plan and design the new road.
Our principles include:
- Minimise impacts on communities
- Minimise impacts on environmental and cultural assets
- Minimise impacts during construction
- Use resources efficiently