As part of our early work, we've defined what North East Link should achieve.
We're using these goals, together with input from stakeholders and communities, to compare different corridors.
Objectives tell us what any option for North East Link needs to achieve.
Our objectives include:
- Improve connections and access for residents
- Improve connections and access for business
- Improve freight efficiency and industrial growth
- Improve safety and reduce local congestion for communities
Principles guide how we will plan and design the new road.
Our principles include:
- Minimise impacts on communities
- Minimise impacts on environmental and cultural assets
- Minimise impacts during construction
- Use resources efficiently